Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Something I Never Wanted to Write

I can't believe I'm actually writing this post because I never thought I'd come to this, but I've an announcement to make.

Nothing big, at least not for you, but it's tremendous(ly burdensome) on me. As of now, I will no longer be accepting books for review. Are you crying ugh because I'm crying.

I used to think I had a perfect balance of things: schoolwork, blogging, social life (sort of..), but I'm starting to see, particularly because of my wonderfully swamped life in Korea, that I no longer have it in me to do everything at once.

Really, I'm sorry more than anything else. Mostly to the authors and publishers I've agreed to do reviews for. You all have been absolutely wonderful and I am truly blessed to have gotten even the opportunity and consideration to work with you. I promise I WILL get the books reviewed eventually, but I doubt I'll be able to get them all done within the next year, as it's my senior year, busiest and most difficult yet :(

Yes, I've got this shipload of books to review. The ones that are for new releases or tours, I'll get done on time, but the others (from individual requests, Goodreads, LibraryThing, et cetera) will have to be held back. I feel terrible about this because I know I have a few books that have been on my queue for over a year........asdlfjaklsdjflk.

I also want to let my readers know that I love each and every one of you. I do this for you. I used to be all "I'm a personal blogger, I'm just doing it for fun, for myself", but three years and a million words later, I realized you guys are really what fuel me. So thank you ❤

As for the blog, yes, I will still keep it. Fortunately, I can probably keep up with giveaways and interviews because I love y'all so much (and they take way less time teehee). We'll see how that works for now. Maybe the occasional review here and there. But for sure, I will not be accepting new books for review. This is so hard for me because I can't ever say no to a book! hahah :( :(

Again, I'm so sorry to disappoint everyone, and also grateful that you've kept up with me for the past year (where my posts have been annoyingly infrequent). I do hope I can powerblog again once I graduate :) But til then, au revoir to le reviews.