Sunday, June 26, 2011

♥♥♥♥♥♥: Please, Sir edited by Rachel Kramer Bussel

Release Date: May 4th, 2010
Publisher: Cleis
Page Count: 206
Source: Complimentary copy provided by Naked Reader Book Club in exchange for an honest and unbiased review (thank you!)

Experience the Breathtaking Thrills of Sexual Submission

From spanking to bondage, punishment to service, Please, Sir takes BDSM erotica to a new level with these explosive stories of female submissives and their male dominants. Featuring a kinky Krav Maga master, a brat who gets what is coming to her, and much more, these stories explore enticing territory that will make your heart race. Spend "A Night at the Opera" and visit a "Masochist on Vacation," as eager couples play with power and get off on it every step of the way. The damsels in Please, Sir delight in the pleasures of taking risks to be rewarded by the men who know their deepest desires. Find out why nothing is as hot as the power of the words "Please, Sir."
What Stephanie Thinks: With the exhilaration of the punishment embarking from a strong man's even stronger hand, Please, Sir will have readers squirming with desire and gasping for breath.

This is an anthology full of sweet girls who do 
naughty things. Girls who expect to be disciplined by their masters, and girls who enjoy it. They pout and bat their long eyelashes; "punish me?" they ask.

BDSM including male dominance is
 classic and sweepingly arousing. A dom who whips a girl one moment, then tenderly makes love to her the next, exalts a feeling of power, which ironically is in the hands of the submissive. On the psychological level, the power play that endures in each of these sizzling stories is both thrilling and touching. That there is a bond between two lovers so strong, pain and severe punishment strengthens, rather than fractures it, is wondrous to imagine.

Some of it is a bit too hardcore in this collection of erotica, though. I previously mentioned I liked the mind tease of BDSM, but was content leaving out the whips and chains part. This book swarms with the physical torture I try to stay away from—the scenes are heavy, very heavy, and have me panting. In a way, this is a bit of a turn-off. I want to read about love and sex, not blood and urine!

Overall, Please, Sir is an exciting anthology unlike anything I've read before. I personally find myself slightly 
nauseated by the immutable rough and tumble of the sex and kink, but am sure some of you more mischievous folk will devour it exuberantly. 

Stephanie Loves: "'Whatever is in you, whatever you're feeling—feel it. Don't hide from it. Don't try to "beat" it. Be with it until you understand it, until you know where it comes from.' I frowned at the floor. 'Then it won't rule you anymore.'
I raised my eyes to his as he finished the sentence. Sweat dripped from my forehead onto my neck as my quick breaths punctuated the silence in the room.
'That's what power is,' Dominic said. 'It doesn't have anything to do with force or subjugation.'" — from Emerald's "Power over Power".

Radical Rating: 6 hearts: Satisfying for a first read, but I'm not going back. ♥♥♥♥♥♥