Friday, April 8, 2011

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥: Got a Minute? by Alison Tyler

Got a Minute?
Alison Tyler

Page Count: 240
Release Date: 13 July, 2010
Publisher: Cleis Press

Genre: erotica, romance, flash fiction
Source: Complimentary copy provided by Naked Reader Book Club in exchange for an honest and unbiased review (thank you!)


Sixty Sexy Quickies

For those who like their erotica in a flash, Got a Minute? offers a deliciously romantic and fiercely sexy collection of super-short stories. From heavy petting at a stoplight to panties torn off under a restaurant table to putting on a show for the neighbors, these perfectly penned stories give a quick and steamy thrill that will leave you aching for more. Short in length but long on lust, the stories in Got a Minute? are red-hot reading.
As most "quickie" erotica anthologies go, Got a Minute? isn't particularly stupendous, but it isn't awful either. As a Cleis Press title, its editing mistakes are minimal, so it isn't painful to read, at least. A lot of the stories are sizzling, others steaming, but what I love best is how expanse in variety they all are; like snowflakes, no two story is alike, so Got a Minute? is an anthology you won't get bored with.

Now, like I said, the stories themselves are enjoyable to read. Erotica is erotica; Got a Minute? had no trouble arousing me, both as bedside reading with my boyfriend, and as solo entertainment. But my biggest problem (which you'll probably find very minor) with this anthology is that it guarantees each story to be read under a minute, and since there are sixty stories, the whole book will only take an hour. Maybe I'm partially illiterate, but it so did not take me an hour to read the entire book. More like two hours. When I was finished with it, I was like "What the fuck" because I had spent an unnecessary three-thousand and six-hundred seconds of my precious life, reading a book that someone like my mother certainly would not have approved of. 

Moving on...
Aside from my apparent lack of time management skills, Got a Minute? is a fun, diverse collection of sex stories I really enjoyed reading. There's something for everyone in the anthology: m/m, f/f, m/f, s&m, you name it. Alison Tyler is a precise yet oh-so-naughty author and editor who I look forward to reading more from, in the future.

Stephanie Loves: "I give myself to you because I love you and I love what you do to me. Because you deftly control me. You use me to create our erotic edge ... You push me down on the bed and draw my bound hands up above my head ... My old bed, the one item that has followed me from the innocence of childhood to the trials of adulthood, trials that achieve new twists each time you take me. This bed, which long ago shielded me from the monsters of the dark, now hosts the monsters of our desires. My nighttime sanctuary is your nighttime playground.
" — from Debra Hyde's "Marks, Reviewed", one of my favorite stories from the anthology. It is all of deep and sensual, playing with bondage fantasies and true love, both.

Radical Rating: 
8 hearts: An engaging read; highly recommended. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥