Thursday, December 23, 2010

holidays were meant for being happy ❤

We wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas, and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Yeah I just spent about fifteen seconds typing alllll of that out. No copy&pasting crap for me, oh no. Just wanted to wish everyone a very jolly holiday season, AND share my all-time favorite Christmas recipe with you all! Ready for this? (Can you tell I'm super excited?) The recipe is.......
MONSTER COOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nomnomnom

Monster?
No silly goose, not that kind of monster. More like

THIS kind of monster! Or since I'm such a cookie dough fan....

THIS kind of monster. That's right.

I will tell you my secret recipe that's not so secret anymore now that I'm releasing it to the world wide web. It has 50% less sugar than the regular version (and no artificial sweetener junk, I assure you) but it still tastes amazing because it's basically the ultimate cookie with all sorts of sweets in it. There's also no butter (woohoo!) but instead lots and lots of peanut butter, so it still tastes amazing and is packed with protein. But don't make this if you're allergic to peanuts. That's all.

Ingredients:
  • 3 eggs
  • 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon corn syrup
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 cup peanut butterbutter
  • 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
  • 5 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup red and green M&Ms
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a very large bowl, beat the eggs.
  3. Add the remaining ingredients in order, mixing well. Knead with hands if needed. Mixture will not be too sticky, and the oatmeal may feel like it will fall apart.
  4. Use an ice cream scoop to put on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. 
  5. EAT THEM. EAT THEM ALL
    Isn't that just succulent?
    Why am I so happy, you ask? Well for one, it's CHRISTMAS if I haven't made myself clear. Also, NO SCHOOL! You do the math. I sure won't be over break.